It is critical to follow all aftercare instructions to prevent infection, scarring and to achieve optimum results. Please read carefully!
Are you a good candidate?
Tattoo Lightening/Removal is NOT recommended for any clients that are or have:
• Pregnant or nursing
• Diabetic (consult your doctor)
• Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
• Viral infections and/or diseases
• Pacemaker or major heart problems
• Organ transplant
• Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
• Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
• Prone to Keloids
• Have a well-balanced meal before the procedure...blood sugars help with discomfort.
• No sun on the treated area.
• Caffeine is encouraged to help blood flow to the treated area.
• No Retin A on the forehead for brow lightening/removal.
Day of Procedure
Before we begin the lightening/removal process a topical anesthetic will be applied to the area to help minimize any discomfort. A high quality, sterilized needle will be used to implant a lightening solution for 3-4 passes max.
Tattoo Removal Aftercare Instructions
Following the procedure until scabs naturally shed (typically 10-14 days):
• CLEAN THE AREA with aftercare pads provided every 2 hours on the day of the procedure. Begin the 10-14 day dry healing process the next day after the procedure.
• KEEP AREA CLEAN and open to the air. Do not cover with a Band-Aid or anything else, leave open to the air. Air/oxygen provides good and faster healing. You should not be touching the area at all but if you find yourself needing to please make sure your hands are exceptionally clean.
• DO NOT SOAK the treated area in water. You can shower as normal but do your best to keep the area out of the shower spray. It is best to keep it dry but if you do get it wet gently pat dry.
• FOR BROWS you will be provided with shower shields to help keep your brows dry.
• DO NOT ice the area.
• NO BATHING, SWIMMING, SAUNAS, HOT TUBS, TANNING, OR EXERCISE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• DO NOT disrupt the scabbing process (i.e. no picking, scratching, etc.) All scabbing needs to fall off and shed naturally. If you force or pick a scab off you will disrupt the process and possibly cause scarring. It is critical to keep the scabs on as long as possible to achieve optimum results.
• TREAT AREA WITH TLC. DO NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL THAT COULD CAUSE ISSUES OR PROBLEMS TO THE TREATED AREA.
• ONCE ALL SCABBING HAS NATURALLY FALLEN OFF, apply one drop Vitamin E Oil 3 to 4 times throughout the day for a minimum of 4 weeks, or until next lightening session. DO NOT start applying the Vitamin E oil until all scabbing has naturally and completely fallen off. It should be your goal to keep the area as dry as possible until all scabs have naturally fallen off.
• LIPS please drink all liquids with a straw until all scabbing has naturally fallen off. Brush with Toms of Maine or Classic Crest (no whitening, no peroxide toothpastes. Cut food into small bites. No biting into a sandwich. Try to keep mouth expressions to a minimum.
• It is important to the process and integrity of the skin that 8 full weeks of healing take place before another lightening session can be done. No exceptions.
• Lightening and/or removing unwanted pigment is a long process and patience is required. This is true whether you are choosing a lightening product service or laser. Please be patient and give the process a fair chance to work. Expect visible and wanted results in 2 to 5 sessions. How many sessions needed will depend on how saturated the pigment is, how deep it was implanted and how much needs to be removed for the desired result.
• For permanent make up in many cases only a percentage of the pigment needs to be lightened/removed and then we can continue the correction process by color correcting or color shifting. In those cases where we have pigment misplaced or in an unwanted area, color correcting will not be an option and removing as much of the pigment as possible would be our ultimate goal.
• Results cannot be foreseen, predicted or guaranteed.
If you have any questions or concerns please call us. If at any time you have any concerns at all during the healing process please call us at (408) 835-2291.