It is critical to follow all aftercare instructions to prevent infection, scarring and to achieve optimum results. Please read carefully!
*Results cannot be foreseen, predicted or guaranteed.
Are you a good candidate?
Tattoo Lightening/Removal is NOT recommended for any clients that are or have:
• Pregnant or nursing
• Diabetic (consult your doctor)
• Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
• Viral infections and/or diseases
• Pacemaker or major heart problems
• Organ transplant
• Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
• Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
• Prone to Keloids
• Have a well-balanced meal before the procedure...blood sugars help with discomfort.
• No sun on the treated area.
• Caffeine is encouraged to help blood flow to the treated area.
• No Retin A on the forehead for brow lightening/removal.
Day of Procedure
Before we begin the lightening/removal process a topical anesthetic will be applied to the area to help minimize any discomfort. A high quality, sterilized needle will be used to implant a lightening solution.
Tattoo Removal Aftercare Instructions
Following the procedure until scabs naturally shed (typically 10-14 days):
75% of the removal process and result relies heavily on your aftercare. It is critical to follow
all aftercare instructions to prevent complications, scarring and to achieve optimum results. Please read carefully.
1. Your key words are CLEAN AND DRY. KEEP AREA CLEAN and open to the air. Do not cover with a Band-Aid or anything else. Air/oxygen provides good and faster healing. You should not be touching the area at all; but if you find yourself needing to, please make sure your hands are exceptionally clean.
2. DRY DRY DRY! DO NOT SOAK the treated area in water. You can shower as normal, but keep the area out of the shower spray the best you can and do not let the area stay wet for more than a few minutes. For face - use provided protective visor. For other body areas, cover using gauze and tegaderm or other water resistant adhesive.
3. NO BATHING, SWIMMING, SAUNAS, HOT TUBS, TANNING, OR INTENSE EXERCISE.
4. DO NOT disrupt the scabbing process (i.e. no picking, scratching, etc.) All scabbing needs to fall off naturally. If you force or pick a scab off, you will disrupt the process and possibly cause scarring.
5. TREAT AREA WITH TLC. DO NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL THAT COULD CAUSE ISSUE OR PROBLEMS TO THE TREATED AREA. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL US.
6. ONCE ALL SCABBING HAS NATURALLY FALLEN OFF, apply one drop Vitamin E Oil or other healing ointment 2-4 times throughout the day EVERY OTHER DAY (every 48 hours) for a minimum of 4 weeks, or until next lightening session. DO NOT start applying the Vitamin E oil UNTIL all scabbing has completely fallen off. It is our goal to keep the area as dry as possible until all scabs have naturally fallen off.
7. FOR LIPS: please drink all liquids with a straw until all scabbing has naturally fallen off. Cut food into small bites….no biting into a sandwich. Try to keep mouth expressions to a minimum.
• It is important to the process and integrity of the skin that 8-12 full weeks of healing take place before another lightening session can be done. No exceptions.
• Lightening and/or removing unwanted pigment is a long process and patience is required. This is true whether you are choosing a lightening product service or laser. Please be patient and give the process a fair chance to work. Expect visible and wanted results in 2 to 5 sessions. How many sessions needed will depend on how saturated the pigment is, how deep it was implanted and how much needs to be removed for the desired result.
• For permanent make up in many cases only a percentage of the pigment needs to be lightened/removed and then we can continue the correction process by color correcting or color shifting. In those cases where we have pigment misplaced or in an unwanted area, color correcting will not be an option and removing as much of the pigment as possible would be our ultimate goal.
• Results cannot be foreseen, predicted or guaranteed.
If you have any questions or concerns please call us. If at any time you have any concerns at all during the healing process please call us at (408) 835-2291.